I think we can all agree that these past 15 months have been tough on everyone, and my skin was no exception. Between the maskne and the stress breakouts, I can safely say that I was in desperate need of upgrading my skincare routine.
I was looking for something that would help get my acne under control when I stumbled on these two lifechanging products that I have now instructed all my friends to buy IMMEDIATELY: Cosrx BHA Blackhead Power Liquid ($22) and Cosrx 2-in-1 Poreless Power Liquid ($22).
How I used them:
Because the BHA Blackhead Power Liquid is a chemical exfoliator, I incorporated it into my nighttime routine. After cleansing and toning, I apply the product and let it sit for a few minutes before continuing with my nightly serum followed by my moisturizer.
While it is a lightweight formula, I found best results when I gave it a few moments to completely absorb. I started by using it twice a week and worked my way up until I was able to use it daily – don’t forget SPF during the day, especially in the beginning!
The 2-in-1 Poreless Power Liquid, on the other hand, I incorporated into my morning routine. I jumped right into using this product every morning and added it in as my ‘treatment’ step of my daily routine. After cleansing and toning, I apply the Poreless Power Liquid and follow with moisturizer and SPF then I’m ready to start my day. It is extremely lightweight and absorbs quickly so no need to wait too long before moving on to the next steps of the routine.
These two products together were truly unstoppable in rehabilitating my skin after quite the rough patch!
The first week was an adjustment period.
- The Poreless Power Liquid that I used every morning started to slowly brighten and smooth out my skin.
- The BHA Blackhead Liquid, however, did its job at bringing out all the dirt and excess sebum from under my skin (yuck!) and I found myself with more blemishes than I started with. I tried not to let this get to me though and soldiered on.
The second week I added an extra night of using the BHA.
- My blemishes from the first week of using the BHA were starting to clear. I accidentally popped some of the blackheads that came up because of the BHA getting rid of all the gunk in my skin, so it took a little longer for it to heal (my bad!).
- The Poreless Power Liquid continued to make my pores extra tiny, and my skin look smoother by the day.
The third week I kept with only 3 nights of using the BHA Blackhead Liquid.
- I decided that 3 days a week of BHA exfoliator would be good, but noticed I was breaking out slightly on cheeks on the days I didn’t use it.
- The pesky blackheads around my nose slowly started to disappear and my skin was becoming visibly cleaner and clearer.
On the fourth week I used the BHA Blackhead Liquid almost every night and this is when I started to see real results!
The 2-in-1 Poreless Power Liquid makes my pores tiny and my skin brighter and smoother than I have seen it in YEARS while the BHA Blackhead Power Liquid exfoliates and keeps my skin clear from blemishes and blackheads.
My overall review:
In case you couldn’t tell, I absolutely swear by these products. While individually they work great, I really felt that I got the most out of using them when I was using them both during my daily routines.
My advice would be to make sure you don’t pop the blackheads that come up from the BHA Blackhead Liquid, it’s part of the process and messing with it will only make for tougher healing. Lastly, be sure you have a great moisturizer that keeps your skin nice and hydrated. These products can be astringent at times, but my moisturizer always kept my skin balanced and my moisture barrier intact. I personally use Urang's Rose Ceramide
Thanks to these products I can leave my house without any foundation or even concealer. My skin is clearer, brighter, and smoother than it’s been in years and has truly been rehabilitated from the damage that 2020 did to it!
I recommend these products to anyone who will listen. Everyone who I have made try them absolutely rave about how life-changing it has been. If you’re like me and you’re looking for something that’s going to revive your skin but not break the bank – this is your answer!!